INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
FUNCTIONS OF IQAC
· Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of Pondicherry Engineering College;
· Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
· Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality related institutional processes;
· Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education;
· Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
· Documentation of the various programmes/activities of PEC, leading to quality improvement;
· Acting as a nodal agency of the college for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices
· Development and maintenance of institutional database through Institute Information System for the purpose of maintaining / enhancing the institutional quality;
· Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of PEC as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC
· In terms of UGC Regulations 2010, IQAC shall act as the Documentation and Record-Keeping Cell, including assistance in the development of the API criteria based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) proforma using the indicative template separately developed by the UGC. In order to facilitate the process, all teachers shall submit the duly filled-in PBAS proforma to the IQAC annually.
· The AQAR shall be approved by the statutory bodies of PEC for the follow up action for necessary quality enhancement measures.
· The IQAC must create its exclusive window on its institutional website, to regularly report on its activities as well as for hosting the AQAR.