GOVERNMENT OF PUDUCHERRY
CENTRALISED ADMISSION COMMITTEE – MCA ADMISSIONS 2012-13
(CENTAC – MCA)
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
1. The entrance test is scheduled to be held on Sunday, 29.07.2012 from 10.00 AM through 12.00 Noon.
Venue: 2nd Floor, Administrative Building and Department of CSE,
Pondicherry Engineering College, Pillaichavady, Puducherry -605 014.
2. The entrance test consists of 90 objective type questions. There is negative marking, -1 mark for the wrong and multiple answers and +4 marks for every right answer, zero for not answering question.
3. Bring your Hall Ticket without fail to the Test Centre. Candidate shall not be permitted for the Test under any circumstance without Hall Ticket. If Candidate has not affixed photograph in the Hall ticket, affix the attested photograph.
4. Be present at the allotted Test Centre at least 30 minutes before time. Report at the respective test hall 20 minutes before the commencement of the test.
5. The candidates should bring HB pencil for shading, eraser and ball point pen.
6. Mathematical tables, Pager, Calculators, Electronic watches with facilities of calculator, Cell Phones, other electronic gadgets, printed or written material, and bits of papers are NOT PERMITTED inside the test hall. If any candidate is in possession of any of the above items, it will be treated as unfair means and his/her candidature for the current Test shall be cancelled & the candidate shall be debarred for further Tests.
7. Candidate shall maintain perfect silence and attend to their question paper only. Any conversation or gesture or disturbance in the examination hall shall be deemed as misbehavior and the candidate will be sent out of the examination hall immediately.
8. If a candidate is found using unfair means or impersonating, his/her candidature shall be cancelled and the candidate is liable to be debarred from taking other Tests.
9. Entrance test results will be displayed in the Notice Board of Pondicherry Engineering College, No individual communication would be sent in this regard. The results would also be made available in the college web site (www.pec.edu).
10. MERE APPEARANCE IN THE ENTRANCE TEST DOES NOT GUARANTEE FOR CONSIDERATION FOR ADMISSION. OTHER REQUIREMENTS PRESCRIBED FOR ADMISSION TO THE COURSE ALSO SHOULD BE SATISFIED.
11. Your candidature will be considered only if you have secured minimum percentage as stated in the prospectus, in the main and ancillary subjects of your degree course.
12. You will be called for counseling only if your degree and university are recognized by Pondicherry University.