Pondicherry Engineering College
Ph.D Admissions 2020-21
General Instructions to the candidates appearing for Ph.D. INTERVIEW at Pondicherry Engineering College
1) The candidates are called for interview based on the marks scored in the entrance examination and as displayed in the university website.
2) Mere invitation to participate in the interview does not guarantee provisional admission/selection to the course.
3) Final selection to the Ph.Dprogramme will be based on the total marks (100%) earned by the candidate,with weightages for marks scored in the entrance examination(70%) and interview (30%).The interse ranking of the candidate who have got the same total marks will be resolved based on the maximum entrance score.
4) The Ph.D. candidates who have been called for the interview along with schedule is available in PEC website () with leading links
Please note that
Ø No separate call letter for interview will be sent to each candidates;
Ø No TA/DA will be paidfor attending the interview;
Ø Candidates are requested to come prepared to stay atmost
one more day, if needed,
Ø On the day of the interview, candidates shall report by 9:30 AMin the respective department for certificate verification.
Ø The research proposal should be submitted during certificate verification for evaluation.
5) The candidates called for interview should bring the following:
1. Two page Research proposal indicating topic of proposed research, objectives, methodology and significance.(To be submitted at the time of certificate verification, for evaluation by the department committee)
2. A power point presentation (maximum 5 slides) on the topic of proposed research which shall be presented at the time of interview.
3. Original Certificates/documents(plus two Xerox copies of the following) to be brought for Interview
i. Proof of Pondicherry domicile(Residence).
ii. X Std or equivalent certificate/mark statement along with age proof.
iii. H.Sc. or its equivalent certificate/mark Statement
iv. Degree/Provisional certificate of the UG & PG qualifying Degree Examination along with mark statements
v. Permanent Integrated Certificate (as applicable) endorsed within the last six months
vi. Recent certificate issued by competent authorityfor the Reservation category claimed by the candidate.
vii. Transfer certificate and conduct certificate from the institution last studied
viii. Claim for NET/SLET/CSIR/JRF/ if applicable
ix. No-Objection certificate/study permission from the present employer in case of Part-time(Internal/External / working candidates) should be provided only in this format (Form-i)
x. Relevant Experience Certificate from present employer, if employedshould be provided only in this format( Form-ii)
xi. Proof of AICTE recognition of sponsoring institute
xii. Reprint of research publications.
Note: Xerox copy (two sets) of all the available certificates without fail.
6) Candidates whose final exam result is awaited may also report for admission with all the available certificates & mark statements. However, they will be considered for admission only on provisional basis. The admissionwillbe confirmed, subject to production of final mark list & provisional certificates, failing which the provisional admission is liable to be cancelled automatically.
**For any clarification please contact the respective HODs. Details are available in the website www.pec.edu**
To reach Pondicherry Engineering College
· A good number of buses are available at Koyembedu Bus stand at Chennai to reach Pondicherry which is located about 160 Kms. south of Chennai on East Coast Road (ECR). The candidates are advised to take Chennai- Puducherry (ECR route) so that they can get down directly at Pondicherry Engineering College.
· The candidates who reach Puducherry Bus stand/Railway station/ town can take auto/local buses to reach Pondicherry Engineering College campus which is located about 12kms from Puducherry city. Approximate Auto charges from Bus stand/railway station/town will be around Rs.250/-.
I have read the instructions >>>> proceed to view Interview Schedule